Monday, October 7, 2013

Week Two in the Field!

This week has been pretty great. The work is picking up and we're finding more people who are wanting to learn about their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I love talking to people about the Gospel. It truly is what makes us so happy and is going to lead to success in life. 

We're teaching a family of a dad and two girls. They're super awesome. The girls are crazy shy and don't really talk much, but they pay attention to everything we say and have a sincere desire to be good people which is awesome to see in an eight and nine year old. I'm so grateful that I have the chance to meet these people and talk to them about what is most important in my life.

We're getting to know the people in the wards better, and they're mostly all really fantastic. A lot of them really want to help their neighbors find happiness, and that is so great. When we find something awesome that we love, why would we not want to share it?

Yesterday I got to hold a newborn puppy which is always fun. We're going to start teaching this girl who lives in this house where the people breed poodles, so they have newborn puppies fairly frequently. Puppies are basically the cutest things ever, so it's always fun when you get to hold them.

The area where we're serving is doing their semi-annual street clean-up soon, so there are just random appliances, and old furniture in front of a ton of people's homes, which is really weird to see. Apparently the people think it's weird too, so everyone keeps explaining to us what is going on. I think they just don't want us to think that they live in a terrible neighborhood or something. I honestly hadn't thought anything of it until people started explaining to us what was going on. There's also a middle school right by our house that is being torn down. Building demolition is kind of fascinating to watch. They've gotten it mostly torn down now, and they're just working on cleaning it up. Depending on how long I'm in this area, it will be interesting to see the progress as they start building the new school.

Also, the spiders here are not the kind of spiders that are in Mesa. The spiders in the homes here are SO much bigger. As it turns out, I am not a fan of spiders... or grasshoppers, which are everywhere...

But, I am a fan of my mission! It has been seriously awesome so far, and I know it's only going to get better. I'm so glad I'm here. It's the best! 

I hope you all have a stellar week! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment